Dòng Dòng Sài Gòn: Who are they?
Designed & hand-sewed at a small workshop in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Dòng Dòng aims to create durable and unique recycled bags with high functionality, raising our little voice for the environment.
Dòng Dòng was born at the end of the wet season in Sài Gòn 2019, when a group of three friends witnessed lots of plastic waste as used tarps, torn raincoats and umbrellas. They were then getting serious and trying hard to recycle used materials into new and unique products.
“Dòng Dòng”, in Saigon accent, means “to go around”, which is a way to imagine the life cycle of used tarps from old awnings or truck covers to the unique bags on your shoulder.
Would you like to go around with Dòng Dòng? :)
Dòng Dòng Sài Gòn: Brand Highlights
Dòng Dòng Sài Gòn is a Vietnamese women-led brand that makes eco-friendly and sustainable everyday products. Their product range includes stylish tote bag, backpack, wallet, bum bag, and other travel accessories.
From SGD7.90 with same-day delivery in Singapore.
The Making of Dòng Dòng Sài Gòn
It takes 7 steps, a lot of hard work, love, and care to bring you these finished, unique bags that are — waterproof as awnings, and tough as truck covers.
1. Collect used tarps
2. Classify used tarps into different groups
3. Tarps are washed and cleaned with unharmful substances, while preserving the unique story of its previous life's scratches
4. Each product is a unique, creatively designed to make the best use of collected tarps' colors and patterns
5. Tarp is pressed before sewing starts.
6. Each piece is hand-sewed with love and care from Dòng Dòng workshop in Vietnam.
7. Finishing touch with origin story of the used tarps.