What to write on a Father’s Day card for every type of Dad in your life
Carrying you on his shoulders, checking for “monsters” beneath your bed, teaching you how to ride a bicycle, walking you to your first day of kindergarten and last day of high school, occasionally let some awkward dad jokes slip out just to make you smile, and being the incredible “Mr. Fix-it-all” who is always there to answer your call and save your day - Dad is the one who could go above and beyond to bring joy to your life.
It usually doesn’t take much to delight your father. On most days, all he needs might be just a cool drink, some tasty snacks, and a cosy position in front of the TV to watch his favourite sporting event. Father's Day, on the other hand, is a whole different story: It's the day when your man gets all the spotlight.
Father’s Day, which falls on June 19 this year, is a perfect occasion to show your Dad just how much he is loved and appreciated. He might talk a big game about not wanting anything special, but you know better. Whether he is your Dad, like-a-Dad, grandpa, husband, or even a colleague, you can surprise him with a thoughtful and practical gift, and a perfect Father’s Day greetings card to let him know what often goes unsaid. Here’s how to write a Father’s day card to get that smile from him this time around.
#1 Father’s Day message from a son
If you’re a son, the chance is you love your Dad a lot but so much is left unsaid between you two as well. Crafting a funny message to give him a good laugh on Father’s
Day might be a good way to go. Or you can use a simple and sweet message to thank him for being an amazing role model and putting up with you through thick and thin.
- “Has anyone told you that you're the best Dad ever? I mean, just look at how awesome I’ve become!”
- “You are the only Dad I could have ever wished for. Much love from your favourite financial burden!”
- “My apologies if I've made you a little mad over the years. Okay, maybe a lot hahaha. Thank you for everything, Dad.”
- “Dear Dad, please accept my gratitude for putting up with a spoiled and ungrateful and messy child like my sibling. Love, Your favourite <3”
- “Thank you, Dad, for all the words of wisdom you might not know that I have followed.”
#2 Father’s Day message from a daughter
For a daddy’s little girl, no matter how old you are, your father is someone you look up to every day. Let’s remind your dad just how important he is to you with one of these sweet and blessed Father’s day messages.
- “To the best cab driver, the most efficient spider hunter, the most affordable handyman, and the most dedicated listener that I know - Thank you for being my Dad.”
- “I'll always be the little girl who adores you no matter how old I get, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “I am at my best when being your daughter, Dad. Thanks for always having my back. Love you!”
- “The time of year when everyone tries to convince themselves that they have the best father is upon us once again. But they can’t be right… because I am the one who has the best dad in the world.”
- “I will never need a superhero in my life while you’re around, Dad. Happy Father’s Day to my favourite guardian!”
#3 Father’s Day message to your husband or partner
Whether your spouse is just starting out as a father and longs for a how-to manual for new dads in hand or has been there by your side raising the kids for more than a decade, just don’t forget to let him know how awesome he is as a father and a partner this Father’s Day.
- “I can't think of anyone else who is a better father and a more loving partner than you are. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “It's been a wild adventure, but I'm pleased and thankful we're all in it together! Thank you for being such a wonderful Dad to our children.”
- “Do you know our kids think you are a true superhero? And I couldn’t agree more. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “I am so grateful to share this parenthood journey with you, honey. Thank you for being such an amazing father.”
- “If there is anything more incredible than you being my husband, it is our children having you as their Dad. Happy Father’s Day, darling!”
#4 Father’s Day message to a stepdad or a father-like figure
Dads don’t always have to be biologically related. Other persons in our lives can act as father figures for us from time to time. The following heartfelt messages are for the stepdad, godfather, mentor, or any father figure who has been there through all your thick and thin.
- “We may not share the same genetics, but it means a lot to me that you were so much involved in my life. Thank you for being the best father I could ever wish for!”
- “My mother's decision to bring you into our lives was one of the best decisions she ever made. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “I hope it doesn’t come as a surprise that I’m thinking of you on Father’s Day. Thank you for being a guiding hand on my shoulder all these years.”
- “You are at the top of my list of things to be grateful for in my life. Thank you for always encouraging me to be the best version of myself.”
- “Happy Father’s Day and thank you for being the type of dad I aspire to be one day.”
#5 Father’s Day message to a colleague or employee
Why not use this Father’s day to make every dad around you feel appreciated and special? If you know your colleague or employee is working hard to have an exceptional career as well as to be the best parent that he can be, these encouraging Father’s Day quotes are just perfect to tell him that he is doing a great job.
- “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.” - John Mayer
- “Fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” - Erika Cosby
- "Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song." - Unknown.
- "Being a dad isn’t just about eating a huge bag of gummy bears as your wife gives birth. It means being comfortable with the word ‘hero.’" - Ryan Reynolds
- "A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." - Billy Graham
Consider pairing your handwritten card this year with the perfect gift for Dad?
If you're searching for something a little more wow-worthy this Father’s Day, then we can help. Check out our Build Your Good Box to pick up a super-personalized gift box full of sweet goodies, relaxing goodness, and meaningful decors that your Dad will adore.
And remember, he’ll love it no matter what you send. That’s just what Dads do.