30+ meaningful Merry Christmas message ideas for the ones you love (& how to reply them)
Source: Corinne Kutz via Unplash
Your house is cleaned up, those ornaments, lights, and decorations are unboxed, sweet treats are ordered, and your stockings are hung by the chimney with care. If you ask us, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. However, not all of us can celebrate the holiday surrounded by people who matter in our lives, which means you might rely on one thing to let your loved ones know you’re thinking about them — sending out your Christmas cards (with unique surprise Christmas gift boxes perhaps!).
If you’ve got your Christmas cards ready and finalized your mailing list but have not yet figured out how to write a perfect Christmas message, you’ve come to the right place. Our collection of the best Merry Christmas greetings has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for heartfelt holiday sayings or hilarious Christmas wishes with a hilarious Christmas joke. Continue scrolling for the inspiration you need to get that smile from your family, friends, and those who matter this holiday season.
Playful & fun Christmas message ideas
Nothing can beat a funny and witty Christmas message that can get your loved ones in the mood for celebration. Spread more laughter and joy to your friends and family with these happy Christmas wishes.
- To have you in my life is like receiving a gift, and definitely not the kind of gift I’d return for a refund. Merry Christmas, dear!
- Do you know Christmas is all about spending time with the best people in your life? So, schedule the whole day to be with ME. Merry Christmas, love!
- Santa told me you’d been good this year, and I told him that it was just because you didn’t have any chances to be bad. Have a blessed Christmas, buddy!
- You’d better pray that Santa doesn’t uncover all the things you’ve hiding under the blanket this year. Happy holidays, sweetheart.
- Really, all I want for this Christmas is you, but some real cash or gifts would do wonders, too. Anyway, Merry Christmas!
- Santa gave you a nice report for good behavior this year, so he’s rewarding you with free coupons to do chores around the house for the entire week. Wish you the best of luck, honey!
- May your Christmas be filled with large smiles and cheers, but not with a big belly. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season, mate.
- Here’s hoping you still have plenty of jingles in your pocket after the holidays are over.
- The true magic of Christmas is when you can somehow drain my wallet without me even noticing. You must be a Christmas miracle disguised as a wife, honey.
Heartfelt Christmas message ideas
Here’s a collection of loving and heart-warming Christmas wishes to share with anyone that matters in your life, including mom and dad, sister, brother, children, or your bestie.
- The gift of love, the gift of peace, the gift of happiness. May the best of everything be yours this Christmas.
- I wish the magic of Christmas fills every nook and cranny of your life with happiness, both now and forever.
- May your holiday's glitter with joy and wish you all the happiness this Christmas can hold.
- I can’t think of a more heartwarming way to celebrate Christmas than with the people who mean the most to me. Thank you for making the magic of Christmas real.
- Christmas is my favorite time of the year because of the love and care that I can share with you. Merry Christmas, my dear.
- To put it simply, you should expect nothing less than the finest from Santa this year. Have a spectacular Christmas!
- I don’t need anything from Santa this year as I’ve been blessed with such a wonderful family. Happy holidays!
- Thank you for being the best parents ever and filling each and every Christmas of mine with joy, cheer, and wonder. May peace, love, and happiness follow you always.
- I count myself blessed to have you as a friend not just during Christmas but all year around. Merry Christmas, lovely!
- Our friendship is gold, but celebrating Christmas with my dearest friend is truly magical.
Romantic Christmas message ideas
The cold weather, the upbeat vibe, and the holiday spirit always make it more special and sweet for every couple. Whether you’re celebrating your first or 30th Christmas together, let your partner know how much they mean to you with a Christmas message coming from the heart.
- Merry Christmas to my special one who is more delightful than a candy cane, more comforting than a mug of hot chocolate, and more joyful than the biggest gift under the tree.
- The best Christmas present I could ask for this year is Santa bringing you wrapped in a box.
- You are the partridge to my pear tree and the merry to my Christmas.
- Christmas seems to be a whole new level of magic now that you are in my life.
- It wouldn’t feel like Christmas at all if you weren’t here with me. Merry Christmas to my one and only!
- I can think of no one else I’d rather spend Christmas with than you. You’re the most wonderful thing at the most wonderful time of the year.
- This time of year is just perfect for cuddling up in front of a Christmas tree and spending romantic moments together, just you and me. To my sweetheart, Happy Holidays!
Christmas message ideas for a long-distance relationship
The holiday season can sometimes be a bit lonely for those in a long-distance relationship. Here’s what you can say beyond “Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays” to fill your greeting card with love and long-distance cheer.
- My warmest wishes, a big hug, and a holiday kiss sent all the way from here. Merry Christmas, my dearest!
- Christmas morning may find us apart, but you’re always in my thoughts and heart.
- Christmas won’t be the same when you’re not around. I will be missing you a lot this Christmas.
- Never a day goes by that I do not miss you, but I am missing you even more at this festive time of the year. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and see you soon.
- The distance seems a lot greater on special times like this. Wishing you the very best this Christmas and hope to see you soon.
- Distance and time may separate us but our friendship will always be strong. Sending you a smile across the miles for a wonderful Christmas!
Professional business Christmas message ideas
Whether you own a small start-up or work at a large corporation, sending business holiday cards is a great way to create an appreciative and long-lasting relationship with clients, employees, colleagues, and bosses. Check out a list of inspirational Christmas messages you can use in this year’s company holiday cards. You can also consider giving personalized, unique gifts to the ones that have supported you at work all year long.
How to respond to a Merry Christmas message
Source: Ben White via Unplash
With Christmas right around the corner, you can expect to hear a lot of Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays greetings, then come up short on how to reply. Don’t worry, your response to a Merry Christmas message this year will appear more genuine and sincere with our suggestions below.
- A big thank you for the heartwarming Christmas you’ve helped create with your well-wishes. Merry Christmas to you as well!
- Thank you so much for thinking of me this Christmas. I really appreciate it and hope you have a wonderful holiday.
- Your heart-touching Christmas wishes mean a whole lot to me. I hope your celebration will be big and your bills will be small this holiday. Have a joyful Christmas!
- Your Christmas greetings surely made the holiday more memorable for me. May your Christmas be as happy and plentiful as Santa’s :)
- That was so kind of you to think of me on Christmas. Thank you a lot and may the calories of Christmas disappear by the New Year for you as well :)
Ready to create Christmas magic for your family and friends?
For those people who matter the most in your life, pairing up a touching Christmas message with a gift as unique as they are might be a good idea. You will find something perfect at Singapore 2022's Christmas Gift Delivery Guide on GiftGood to show your loving parents, siblings, boyfriend, girlfriend, or besties how much you value your relationship with them.
Happy gifting & may you have the best time this holiday season with your loved ones!